Friday, April 30, 2010

My life is awesome.

There are a few things that are awesome about my life right now.

1. Cadbury Creme Eggs are 19 cents at Walgreens.

2. I have ONE final left in a week.

3. I'm going to an "Equality Prom" tonight in a Goodwill-tastic '80s dress.

4. I'm leaving for the greatest adventure of my life so far in 8 days. EIGHT!

Here are the final plans, tickets bought and everything:

May 8- take off from ATL

May 10- four flights later, land in Siem Reap, Cambodia

May 10-June 2- spend three weeks travel writing, having classes in the morning, researching, learning the culture, and writing during the day, and a final class poolside at night. We'll be staying at a Bed and Breakfast and having free weekends to travel as our hearts desire. Hopefully we'll make it to Phnom Phen to see the killing fields and Vietnam at some point.

June 2- fly to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

June 2-6- Who knows. Hang around Kuala Lumpur, take in whatever Malaysia has to offer.

June 6- Fly to Chiang Mai, Thailand. The Gap Adventures people pick us up at the airport to begin our trek through the northern hilltribes of Thailand.

June 6-10- This is the trip we'll be on in Thailand. Pretty bangin for $269, huh?

June 10- Make our way back to Bangkok somehow. Hopefully by train?

June 11- Hang out in Bangkok. Tour around and see what the city has to offer.

June 12- Return home! I'll basically be living the same day twice so the 28 hour trip will all be in one day for me.


So now that you know the plan, get ready to follow me through my Southeast Asia adventures! They begin in T-minus 8 days. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment