Sunday, April 11, 2010

Making purple

MTV is many things. Trashy, ridiculous, tasteless, to name a few.

It also has an uncanny ability to scare the shit out of you so that you avoid destructive behavior.

Side note: have you SEEN the new anti-meth commercials?
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YaO4PMBrJI )
Geez.

Anyways, the now classic show "16 and Pregnant" has done just that for me. Aside from most of the new parents being down on the farm hicks, they are also not the most intelligent of our gender. (Fathers, this is your fault, too.)

It amazes me how these couples justify not using protection by saying, "I didn't think it would happen to me."

That's how it works! That's how we procreate! Boy parts+girl parts=baby. Every person you have ever met got here by this equation. This is no surprise party.

Aside from that, I'm very excited that I have made it to age 21 with no pregnancies, addictions or jail time. I've told my parents this before as a compliment to their parenting skills. I understand that accidents happen, but I'm glad I don't have a 5 year old accident running around.

No comments:

Post a Comment