Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Family Affair

The past few weekend have been filled with lots of family fun.

First was parent's weekend at the brothel where you bring your fam in town and take them to dinner before dancing the night away. Luckily Bob and I won a jitterbug contest in 7th grade so we know how to cut a rug.
**Mom and Bob**
**I like to do hoodrat things with my friends**


Then last weekend was Easter of course! Sisters and brother and I all went home to see the rents.

**The girls. The boys couldn't fling their church clothes off fast enough so Easter pictures were just girls this year**

**Another awesome story from my childhood: When I was a kid, just like now, my sisters and I all looked very similar. As all kids do, I would draw family portraits. I would draw a daddy who was tall and yellow with black hair, a mommy who was a bit shorter with red hair, Ashley and I who were both smaller, yellow with yellow hair. And Lisa, between Ashley and I, as a black boy. Now, just to confirm, Lisa has never been black nor has she ever been a boy. But we have one of my 2nd grade drawings as a magnet on our fridge where Lisa is black. She isn't a boy in that one, so I guess she had grown out of it by then? Anyways, I decided to make a family portrait egg for Easter and, in true fashion, I had to include by black brother Lisa. So here she/he is pointing to herself on my egg.**

No comments:

Post a Comment