Sunday, October 30, 2011

Oh, happy day!

I can't help myself.

I just have to blog about how awesome yesterday was.

The following things happened yesterday that put it in the running for best day in North Carolina:

1. I finished and turned in THREE assignments. Four days early.

2. Ashley and Hunter came to visit for lunch on their way to a wedding in Raleigh and I got to show them where I live and at least part of my new town.

3. UGA beat Florida. I'll say it again...The University of Georgia beat the University of Florida. I had the game on in the background while I was executing number 1 on my list, and couldn't believe it when we were actually contending for the W. When it got to the last quarter when we came ahead...

4. Tina and I went to a pizza place across the street to watch the end! That's right...two social events in one day! AND...

5. We were sitting next to Florida fans! Who groaned very loudly when we won and "mumbled" something about how we hadn't won in three years and have only won however many games out of a million. To which I mentally responded...."DURRRRRRR!!!!! That's why we're so excited. SUCKAAAAAAA"

6. Then after the game, some dude bought all four of us (me and Tina and two of her friends) a drink, but then just said congrats and left. Didn't even have to put up with cheesy pick-up lines. Incredible. At which point...

7. I asked for the least alcoholy-tasting beer, and what the bartender gave me was actually pretty good! Tasted like Ginger Ale. Just how I like it.

8. UNC beat Wake Forest! Sorry, siblings.

9. Duke lost! I never really follow Duke but this is just the cherry on top, mind as well add it to my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment