Sunday, October 16, 2011

Going Hamm

Thursday night, I decided to be somewhat social and go to the women's soccer game. UNC women's soccer has turned out some big names and the games are always packed. So I joined some other J-school peeps and to the field we went.



If there was one person you would hope to see at a UNC women's soccer game, who would it be?

Mia Hamm. That's correct.

And there she was.





At halftime Mia Hamm came out and talked about her philanthropy, showing off her pregnant belly. Turns out her philanthropy had a fundraising golf tournament that day and her and some other famous alum (Carla Overbeck for one) decided to come watch their alma mater play Duke afterwards.

Luckily it was an incredible game where one of our players scored by flailing her leg while she was on the ground to score in the last three minutes. And we beat Duke, which always means it was a good game.



Toward the end of the game, one guy asked us if we recognized anyone on the bench behind us and I said "No." But another girl did and told me that it was Roy Williams. And thanks to my UNC-crash-course-a-la-Hunter I knew who that was!





(He's our basketball coach.)

I hang with celebrities these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment