Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Like Ann Coulter

It is extremely rare that I am the most conservative person in a room.

Now I like to think that I straddle the political canyon, but everyone likes to think that. Within the people I've grown up with and gone to school with, I'm the crazy liberal that puts feathers in her hair and goes to Cambodia to write.

Here, it's a different story.

Somehow I've gone from the girl calling people out on their incorrect Bible references and carrying borderline-explicit signs to gay rights protests, to the one girl that has been to a church before and questions the legitimacy of Occupy Wall Street.



Also, I stuck up for the Girl Scouts the other day. Someone called the Girl Scouts a scam. That's like saying Mother Theresa had ulterior motives. But when did I become the spokesperson for the Girl Scouts? Unexpected to say the least.

Here I seem to be the spokesperson for both Greek life and SEC football. Now, I like both of those things, but never as much as the people around me for the past four years have.

It continues to amaze me how different people can see each other differently. I've never been your typical SEC sorority girl. And suddenly, to these people, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment