Monday, May 11, 2009

Yep...still alive.

So the first post was from last night. I have to wait to the mornings to make posts cause there is no internet in my house. Well, there is but it's not Wifi. I got to sleep last night! Sweet victory. My mattress(es) are hard. Like rock hard. LUCKILY I like hard mattresses. But UNFORTUNATELY they must have bought the mattresses and the pillows as a packaged deal. OR they ran out of pillows and put pillowcases on sacks of sand. Either way...you get the picture.

**Pushing as hard as possible on my pillow...you can see my wrist bending**

We learned some new things about the culture today:
-Kiss twice on the cheek- right cheek first then left (to avoid extreme awkwardness)
-Don't kiss/hug/maintain eye contact with someone of the opposite sex ever
-Barraka Allahu Fik = thank you
- a welcoming tradition is to serve you a milk/rose water mixture with dates


More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment