Monday, May 10, 2010

Chitty chitty Bangkok

So here I am in the Bangkok Airways lounge in Bangkok.

27 hours since I left Atlanta and I'm only one more flight away from Siem Reap. The last three have been incredibly long but not too shabby in general.

I realized I haven't been so outnumbered by Asian people since high school and it's nice and humbling. We had a 2 year old on the 14 hour flight but it only cried for like 5 minutes the whole time. Thata boy.

The plane from LAX to Taipei was on a double decker plane. So fancy. And it was packed. Made for not much chair reclining and lots of breaks to stand up and stretch. Luckily out last flight from Taipei to Bangkok had about 20 people on it so we spread out and reclined like crazy.

So far (all in ATL time):
9:30pm-2:30am ATL-> LAX
4:40am- 6:15pm LAX-> Taipei
8:00pm-> 11:30pm Taipei-> Bangkok

A Thai Airways lady was kind enough to inform us, while giggling, that our luggage was still in LAX. So we'll see how that turns out. The airline workers are trying really hard to speak English with us and it is not going unnoticed.

Hopefully we'll have decent wireless at the bed and breakfast where we're living so I can blog more when I get there. For now I'm alive and well in Bangkok with one more flight to go. As for my luggage, only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment