Monday, May 10, 2010

An interesting mix

6:22am Cambodia time

I thought I was completely adjusted to Cambodia time but at about 5:45am I was wide awake. Which might have to do with jet lag or might be due to the fact I went to bed at 8pm last night.

I can't tell much about Cambodia yet considering my 12 hours of experience so far but if there is one thing I'm sure of it's that Cambodia is HOT. This place makes Georgia in July look like a meat locker. "Impossible!" you say. But I speak the truth. Luckily our bungalows are air conditioned so it wasn't too hard to sleep. My guess is it's only like 85 with the air conditioning on.

The B&B served us dinner last night (they'll be providing most of our meals) and it was wonderful. I think I'm really going to like Asian food. They go to the market everyday and make everything fresh.

So far Cambodia seems to be a nice mix of Costa Rica and Morocco.

*As hot as Morocco and as humid as Costa Rica.

*Strange critters in your room like Costa Rica but outside the B&B the streets look like Morocco.

*The food is fresh from market/the ground like Costa Rica but cooked with incredible flavor like Morocco.

I'm sure I'll draw more comparisons later but hey, I just got here. There's a lot to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment