Thursday, August 6, 2009

Skip the Beans

T-minus nine days til Ashley and Hunter's big day and the whole fam has wedding fever. Lisa has an eye infection in addition cause she's just that excited. The list of things needed for a wedding is extensive and expensive and includes much more than a dress and cake. For example, I never would have considered welcome bags for the hotel rooms of out of town guests or 200 koozies with stick figures of Ashley and H on them necessities. I also would have overlooked flowers for the grandparents and printed out itineraries (for the welcome bags). But alas, it's all in the details and this wedding is going to be one hell of a party.

All other weddings ever will be jealous. Prepare yourself.

In this wedding season (spanning from December 18, 2007-Present for the Austin family) I have started to consider how I would do it my way. As of now, I have a pretty defined set of 6 bridesmaids and I'm very tempted by this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/07/24/2009-07-24_fun_minnesota_couple_jill_peterson_and_kevin_heinz_dance_down_the_aisle_at_their.html

If you haven't seen that yet, you need to. Go ahead, click.

I also expressed to my family a magnificent idea that I got from a coworker for her wedding. I've never been much of a fine wine and caviar kinda girl. In fact, Bob and I have a collective life dream to try every club sandwich in the world. In honor of this, I have ordered club sandwiches in both Costa Rica and Morocco. America does it best so far.

But I digress.

The point is, I ate cheerios and carrots for dinner last night and I happen to really like my simple dining tendencies. So I explained to my family that at my wedding reception we would be having a burrito bar. Apparently even the Austins are above that cause there was a lot of uncalled for laughter at my brilliant idea. But, as I explained to them, no one will be disappointed by a burrito bar. So the next time any of you reading this are planning a wedding, think of how easy it would be to skip the little "salad" with a tomato and mozzarella and green stuff on it and how much fun everyone would have if you were welcomed to the reception with a hearty, "WELCOME TO MOE'S!"

1 comment:

  1. you will probably see me doing something like that at my wedding (the video...amazing)

    ReplyDelete