Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Wedgies and Swirlies

Today I was enjoying the wonderful weather waiting on campus for the Milledge bus and I saw this familiar, yet unfortunate looking girl walk by. It took a minute to register but then I realized it...I couldn't mistake that snarling look on her face...it was Sarah, the girl who was deemed "cool" by everyone in the third grade mostly because she'd be mean to you if you thought otherwise. She was the one who demanded to be at the front of the line, who would pull your chair out from under you, or invite everyone to her birthday party except for one or two girls. She moved away for middle and high school but luckily for me (and my new found best friend, Karma) she now goes to UGA. She's now well overweight and still carries that demeaning sneer on her face that she used against those weaker or less popular than her when we were only 10 years old. Now I may be bit in the butt for this later, but it makes me feel pretty good that she doesn't exactly look put together.

On the same note, the girl who decided to choke me on the bus when I was in 2nd grade (she was in 5th, by the way) and then flat out lied about it when my mom confronted her parents, also goes to UGA now. She's really ugly. Cue evil laughter.

And one more time for good measure... the one boy that just couldn't help but pick on me and Meredith every day on the bus through middle school has dropped out of the local community college and is now serving his duty as a UPS delivery guy.

I never really thought of myself as the victim during my grade school years but it really feels good to see the victimizers be knocked down for once, even if it's just in an aesthetic sense.

So it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment