Sunday, September 4, 2011

Apartmentalizing

For the past two years I've lived in a house of five girls. Before that I lived in the sorority house with 60 girls and before that I lived in the top floor of my dorm with 40 girls.

This is the first time that I've lived in an apartment and lived with just one other person. There are some downsides (not always someone to play with) but there are some good sides too. If the kitchen is a mess and I didn't do it, I know who did. There is only one person that could be loud to annoy me. I get lots of alone time.

As far as living in an apartment, it's a very different experience. Luckily my 1200 square foot space is enough that I don't feel like I'm living in a box (like the dorms...that were about 100 square feet on a good day-about the size of my roommate's bathroom here). But there are always people around when I walk outside, mostly retirees. They said you have to be 21 to sign a lease here but I think they meant 71. Luckily, it's a pretty quiet place- nice for studying- and the pool is never overcrowded.

My first night here I was convinced people were "in my house," which they kind were. I live on the first floor but I'd never had people live above me. It wouldn't be much of a problem except that I'm pretty sure our upstairs neighbor is Hagrid. I have never heard someone walk louder. But only sometimes. Tina and I think maybe they just like to hop to the kitchen or something.

This is my wonderful room



And this is my wonderful bookshelf that I took forever to put together but has all my favorite things



And this is the building I'll practically be living in the next two years (Carroll Hall)

No comments:

Post a Comment