Monday, March 15, 2010

Destination Unknown

When people ask what my blog is about I tell them it's anything that happens in my life that strikes an urge in me to write.

The truth is, for the most part I spend my life going to school, hanging out with my roommates, and sitting on my bed playing with fake fish on Facebook.

But when I think of the things I'm most passionate about I think I've boiled them down to 6 things that really evoke strong emotions in me.

1. Traveling. Go figure right? While half of me loves to wear my Duke sweatshirt and a messy bun all day everyday, the other half likes to think of the most bizarre places and cultures and then throw myself into them. The problem is, I think I'm addicted. And I plan on feeding said addiction for as long as possible.

2. The brothel. Or the group of girls I am affiliated with via a crazy process called sorority rush. Also known as the girls in my pledge class. Greek life has been labeled fake, crazy, a drunken mess, paying for your friends, and many other negative things. But ya know what...for this brunette wise ass with less than a perfect body that rarely drinks...it works. So all the haters need to find something else to judge cause there's something to the process and there's something to Greek life.

3. A capella music. At UGA we have three a capella groups and they're incredible. It gives me the warm and fuzzies to hear these people with raw talent belt it out.

4. Religion. Any religion. All religions. Crazy religions. These days I have a particular interest in the Bible, but that's mostly for the wrong reasons. Another blog for another day.

5. The lake. I love it. Not sure what else to say. There is no place I'd rather be at any given time than on a lake. The boat, the water, the dock, the sun. I'm getting tanner just thinking about it.

6. Human rights. In particular, you guessed it, gay rights. You've read my arguments and after taking this LGBT spirituality class I can make many more. I feel like I'm fully equipped to keep up my end of a debate over it and if you feel like testing that, I'm more than happy to change another mind. Just let it be known that bringing up the topic with me is the equivalent of opening up a can of whoopass. You've been warned.

Now all I have to do is find some path in my life where I can incorporate one of more of these things. And oh yea... make money.

No comments:

Post a Comment