Sunday, March 28, 2010

Long Live my Fish

I love my dog. I love lots of dogs. I don't love cats.

When I came to college I had to leave my darling black lab, Sugar, at home.

**What a charmer**

Anyways, when I left Sugar at home I bought Becks. The superman of all fish. Yes, he is just a blue fish with suicidal tendencies to some. But to me, he's my little responsibility. I take care of him and he loves me in return.

Which is why I write about him so much.

So begins another blog about Becks.

I've had Becks since the third week of my freshman year. AKA 2.5 years. Beta fish are usually 6 months- 1 year old when they're sold so dear Becks is at least 3 years old.

In about November I took one of my roommates to get a fish for her and found a very pretty red beta that I thought needed a home. So I bought him and named him Fez. Not after the guy on "That 70's Show" after the city in Morocco. Which I ironically extracted food poisoning from.

From that point on, Fez and I had a love/hate relationship dominated by hate. Turns out Fez does not like to eat. Ever. Never once have I seen him eat any of the food I gave him. I gave him pellets, I gave him flakes. I gave him bread. I gave him a little piece of chocolate once. What a waste of chocolate.

So, inevitably, Fez died. I came home after spring break (yes, I gave him a 7-day feeder) and he was dead at the bottom of his bowl. I wasn't sad. I was kind of waiting for him to die.

Yet another reason why Becks is a champion. He eats.

Good riddance, Fez.

No comments:

Post a Comment