Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Newest North Carolina resident

I am moved into Chapel Hill and I met some people in my program tonight! I'm excited and anxious and scared shitless. Until 7pm I knew no one within like 100 miles of me and I didn't know any roads. This is very different than moving to Athens with 60 people from my graduating class.

I've moved into my wonderful apartment and I am so excited that this is what I get to come home to every night. My tub is incredible. Who puts a marble shelf in the tub? I don't know, but I'm glad they do. I'm such a grown up.

I also don't have Internet or tv yet (blogging via iPhone- technology these days!) so I've been listening to a radio station that plays the same ten songs in a cycle. Hopefully when I get Internet I can update more about this new city but for now: no wifi= no pictures.

Some things I've noticed that I like:
- everyone goes about 14 over the speed limit. Perfect.
- people wear school paraphernalia. That's awesome because I'm so excited to have a new school that I've bought an obnoxious amount of Carolina blue already.

Many (hopefully) more things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment