Friday, July 29, 2011

Nailophile

I started to bite my nails pretty much as soon as I learned to chew. That may be an exaggeration, but it was long enough ago that I don't remember it. I tried everything to stop, and Lord knows my mom did everything to try and make me stop.

Then one day, a few weeks before junior prom, I decided that I wanted to have a French manicure for the dance and would therefore have to stop biting them.

And I did.

Just like that. But even though I stopped biting them, I'm still abnormally obsessed with the condition of my nails. They have to be smooth and usually painted, but can't have any chips in the paint so I change my nail color constantly. And they have to all be the same length. I've been known to put my fingers nail-to-nail to make sure both pinkie nails are the same length, thumb nails, etc.

Anyway, my first week of work this summer, I realized that everyone had very nice nails. So I went to get a manicure. But the lady next to me was getting acrylic nails. And I though, "Wouldn't it be wonderful to not have to worry about the condition of my nails? If everyday they looked perfect and were all the same length?!"

And it is. Week 9 with my fake nails and I've got to say, I love them. I never thought I'd be that girl to be at the nail salon every few weeks, but for a $15 fill in that makes me feel this good, it's worth it. And no matter how many times I do my nail-to-nail comparison, they're still the same length.

And you know that sound it makes when you have long nails and you drum your fingers on a table? I love that.

So along with my summer nail-beautifying, I've started researching nail colors. This is the kind of nail color I've been wearing for work:




But after exploring all the nail polish colors, I'd rather be wearing these:




I've been known to wear some adventurous nail polishes, and all this light-pink-professional stuff is making me antsy. Maybe something like this for UNC:



And since rush workshop is about to start for all the panda sorostitutes, I recommend this, courtesy of SwatchandLearn.com:



I'm sure it's under dress code.

PS- I do recognize that I just posted way too many words about nail polish. I appologize to my father and the one or two other men that might read my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Dibs on the panda nails.

    Who knew you'd be a fake nail kind of girl?!

    ReplyDelete