Monday, May 23, 2011

Psych

Welp, guess the rapture didn't happen. Not because I'm still here, but because my grandmother's still here. And if she didn't make it, the rest of us are doomed.

Though it seems contradictory, I love my home church. A large part of why, is because of our pastor, Dee Shelnutt. Yesterday he addressed briefly how dumb predicting the rapture makes Christians look, and how the word "rapture" is no where in the scripture. He then urged the congregation to be more Bible literate.

We're in love.

One of the associate pastors stood up to give the "celebrations and concerns" and, with a straight face, said to us, "I'm going to be honest, I'm not completely prepared because I didn't expect to still be here today. However, I will continue from the detailed notes that I had left for Dee."

The choir loft was in tears, laughing so hard.

Another good line from all the rapture jokes: "So what if the rapture didn't happen? It's not the end of the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment