Sunday, May 8, 2011

An ode to maternity

On this happy mother's day, I have given away the closest thing I have to a child.

A few months ago a cat started hanging around our back porch. I don't like cats. But I like this cat.

Sitting on the porch with one of my roommates, the cat just jumped up on my lap and made itself at home. It was soft and sweet and not evil or dirty.

After a week or so I decided to feed it. And, a huge shock to all, it has stuck around. So I've kept feeding it.

Eventually I got so attached to the cat that it made me sad to think about leaving it without finding a home. Luckily, my favorite professor/life coach in the world, Wanda Wilcox, loves cats.

I convinced her to take my cat, and today she came to pick her up.

Though I'm sad to say goodbye, Wanda is going to be the best mom in the world to my wonderful cat. Mothers come in all shapes and sizes and species, so this is an ode to motherhood.

For starters, this is the cat that has stolen my heart:





These are some mother/child combinations from abroad:






And of course, here is my wonderful mother. I cannot say enough nice things about this woman, but the older I get the more I appreciate her as a person and as a mother. I couldn't have gotten any luckier.







Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment