Monday, June 28, 2010

Diamonds are a Facebook stalker's best friend

To stalk or not to stalk.

Never really a question.

After an old friend of mine got engaged when I didn't even know she was dating anyone, I realized I need to pick up my Facebook stalking. Actually, I stalk this girl a lot. She was a sneaky one.

But it got me to thinking.

Everyone Facebook stalks.

It has always been my personal custom to stalk people my age with babies or diamond rings. But then I realized, it's not just me. Doesn't everyone like to look at cheesy, lovey pictures of the newly engaged or the flip book photo album of your expanding belly?

If you have a baby, you know people are stalking you. You post the sonograms as your status and pretend your engagement fell before the conception. It's ok, times they are a changin.

Also, if you're still chasing your BA and recently engaged, people are definitely stalking you. You put up pictures of the ring and people judge. "Judge?!" you say, but you know they are. You think your ring is the best ring ever so you take pictures of it on the macro setting and tag it as yourself and the man of your premature engagement dreams. Everyone else looks at it and thinks what they'd change to make it their perfect ring.

The thing is, you're happy. Which is great. More power to you. I wish you the best new mom/wifey. I am no where close to ready for any of that serious adult stuff. But I will continue to stalk you.

No comments:

Post a Comment