Wednesday, February 24, 2010

He lives! He lives!


Becks is superhuman. Or superfish, I guess.

Remember that time he attempted suicide last summer? (I'm still holding on to the story that he sacrificed himself for a yet unknown greater cause.)

Well, on this 24th of February, I once again thought he had left us.

I recently upgraded Becks's tank to a much bigger one and put a
big fish rock thing in there to keep him company.

I just got back from a study group and couldn't find him. Where does a fish go? He wasn't swimming around. He wasn't on the floor. He was UNDER HIS ROCK!

There was a pocket between his rock formation and his pebbles and he was STUCK!

Being the loving mother that I am, I quickly lifted the rock and beautiful Becks swam to the top.

Now this event alone doesn't prove much. But paired with his 2.5 year lifespan (so far) and his already failed suicide attempt, I'm convinced Becks is immortal.

Most likely the second coming of Christ.

Sac-religious? Maybe. But I have confidence in the divine powers of my favorite aquatic creature.

Here is my interpretation of Becks when he is discovered and returned to his natural state:
Man, he looks good.

PS- Does that make me like the fish version of the Virgin Mary?

No comments:

Post a Comment