Monday, February 15, 2010

Bare Naked Lady Bears

So here's the thing.

I'm taking a journalism class called "Editing and Design" this semester and on the first day of class my teacher said that anyone who tries to change anything for the better is an editor. And I agreed.

Today I posted a Facebook status (a quote from my Hebrew Bible professor) that read, "Being Jewish, it's my cross to bear." And then I proceeded to freak out.

Why? Because I have no idea if it's his cross to BEAR or BARE. I changed it three times. I googled it and spent way too much time trying to figure it out but it was bothering me and I NEEDED to know. Right then.

So among my travels through cyber world I came upon my answer. It is actually his cross to bear (victory, self!).

But where I found the answer was in another person's blog and he was not very kind to us people who don't know everything. APPARENTLY it's quite stupid to even consider that it might have been his cross to bare. In that case, the cross would have had to have lots of clothes on and you would have had to have some reason to remove them...hence, making the cross nakey. Or...bare.

But being so mean about it was quite unnecessary. In this case, this "editor" was not making things around him better. He was simply making me feel dumb. Not cool.

So to all you readers who have ever asked yourself the question..."bare or bear?" I am going to kindly show you the light so you don't have to be offended by other bloggers that will put you down:

Bare= to undress, reveal, expose. You bare your soul. You get bare naked. You bare your soul WHILE you're bare naked. You get it.

Bear= to support, carry a load, hold up. You bear a cross. You bear a child. You bear a child WHILE you're bare naked.

An even easier way to remember:
Grin and bear it= good
Grin and bare it= sexual assault


PS- I hope you all got the religion joke in there. Jewish...cross to bear...GET IT?!

No comments:

Post a Comment