Sunday, January 24, 2010

Outlet employee

This semester I have no classes on Fridays (three cheers for strange scheduling!) so the roommates and I decided to get our shop on. What better way to shop than at outlets? So off we went to Commerce to try our luck finding formal dresses.

We eventually made our way around all of the outlets but we started at the Polo store. As I was waiting for one of the mates to try something on I was sitting on a bench outside the fitting rooms. This older woman came up to me and asked me if I could open one of the fitting room doors for her. I was a bit confused until she asked, "Do you work here?" I understood the mixup as I'm about the age of the other employees there and had to say that no, I didn't work there.

So we continue to shop and a few stores later end up in Banana Republic. Again, I'm waiting for one of the mates to try something on and the SAME lady comes up to me and asks if I work there. I kind of stare at her for a second because she definitely wasn't old enough to be senile yet (though mom and Bob do have their moments...). After a minute I again said that no, I didn't work there. And then AK and I dissolved in laughter because we're already 21 getting older by the minute. We only have so long to laugh at the antics of old people until people are laughing at us.

No comments:

Post a Comment