Sunday, January 31, 2010

Homeless but helpful

This morning I got ready to go workout and headed to campus. I had to stop in downtown to get something first so I parked my car and started walking. Athens has its share of homeless people and some of them live in a world of their own.

As I was crossing the street I saw a homeless man walking the opposite way rambling loudly about who knows what. As we got closer to one another I heard what he was saying and he kept saying that I looked cold in my shorts and t-shirt. I smiled and said that it was a bit chilly out but I was alright.

And then he offered me his pants.

He literally asked me if I needed his pants to get warm. Something about a homeless man asking if I needed his torn up jeans kinda shook my foundation. And I liked it. I like that there are people out there that will give whatever they have even if it isn't much of anything.

For today, my faith in humanity has been restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment