Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Just got out of the shower and can't wait to cut my toe nails! LOL!!

Let's talk about Facebook. We've all heard of it and most of us have given into its seduction. It is the social network of my generation. Which has now become our parents generation. Which is fine cause if I were old I would want to laugh at the homecoming queen that got fat and ugly too.

Because I just said that, I am bound to be fat and ugly. Karma.

Anyways, the worst part about the FB is that some people get obsessed. Now you might guess that my weakness is posting pictures. I'm the one at the party with the camera and I have pictures from anything and everything online. And luckily my lifestyle makes these pictures acceptable for parental viewing. So, yes, we all have our weaknesses.

The worst Facebook-obsessers, though, are the Compulsive TMI Status Updaters. It's a special breed of Facebookers that are convinced we all care about their hourly activities.

Now don't get me wrong, I've been known to update the status quite regularly. Hourly? Not so much.

My updates are more along the lines of "Bob set the oven on fire" or "Running around in a onesie" and not so much "Can't wait to kiss my .:*wOnDeRfUl BoYfRiEnD!*:. XOXOXO" or "Gym then shower then lunch then shopping then talking on the phone then dinner then kissing my .:*wOnDeRfUl BoYfRiEnD*:. then bed!!"

Or even better, the CTMISUs that express their emotions openly via status. For example, "Can't believe he would do that with her when he knew that we were like totally dating. I can never trust another guy again." Or the ever popular, "Thinking of HIM."...we know you're not referencing God. Or the more nauseating but ever so obnoxious, "I think I have the best boyfriend a girl could ask for. How did I ever get so lucky to meet such a wonderful boy? Love you honey bear! Kisses!"

We get it. You managed to find the one man that enjoys watching back to back episodes of Say Yes to the Dress popping Bonbons and sipping apple martinis. Maybe you should think about that one...

Anyways, you know who I'm talking about. And you know if you're a CTMISU.

So to all you CTMISUs out there...we just really don't care. Unless something remotely interesting and out of the ordinary happens, don't update your status. Just let it sit there. Even press "clear" if it's outdated. If this seems like too much to handle, I'm positive a Facebookers Anonymous group will be starting soon if it hasn't already. So good luck to you.

..."Just updated my blog, now pulling the covers up to about chin height and turning off my light! Maybe rolling over and then off to sleep! LOL. xoxoxo"

No comments:

Post a Comment