Monday, November 23, 2009

A different kind of stereotype

I'm home for Thanksgiving break, back in the Fretta. We have the whole week off since they cut our fall break short by one day. Wellllll, TECHNICALLY they cut our fall break short but usually the teachers cancel classes. Or else everyone skips them. Go Dawgs.

So we go to church yesterday cause my church is awesome. And everyone loves Jesus. I make it a point to put my phone on silent and not text, etc. cause it's pretty rude and there is a huge stereotype that my generation can't live without their phones. Not sayin it isn't true, just sayin it's a stereotype.

Pass the peace. Celebrations and concerns. We gather together to ask the Lord's blessing...

And then the Lord's Prayer. Everyone bows their heads. I see the person next to me fidgeting out of the corner of my eye and I tilt my head just in time to see him put his iPhone on the seat between us.

...for Thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory forever. Amen.

I look up. The person sitting next to me texting on his iPhone during the Lord's Prayer is a 70-year-old man with his frail old wife.

Take THAT, stereotype!

No comments:

Post a Comment