Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wild and Rowdy: SB12

I am back in Chapel Hill and almost recovered from the most ridiculous spring break of my life. But not the drunk-n-naked kind of ridiculous.

My spring break at age 22 included a cruise to the Bahamas with 16 girls in my sorority. My spring break at age 23 included a weekend looking at wedding venues for my sister, an academic conference, and watching my high school best friend walk down the aisle.

And, per most of my long breaks from school, and thanks to the iPhone, I am going to explain my spring break in pictures.

Stop 1: Wilmington, NC. Here's a sneak peek at Lisa's wedding location. Eek!


We also went to a wedding showcase, where mom and I found a photobooth!

Stop 2: Alpharetta/Atlanta, Ga. I got to see my dogs!



And my mom made me go to the dentist. Part of a filling had fallen off so they had to fix it. This is what my half-numb face looks like when it's smiling.


And Jason made me caprese salad. Or at least his version of it. Proportions negotiable.


Stop 3: Blacksburg, Va.


I dragged my man friend to the AEJMC Southeast Colloquium where I presented a paper on student online speech rights. Thrilling, right? I thought so, actually.


Count on UNC students/professors to be gathered around a TV showing the game - even at an academic conference.


Stop 4: Auburn, Ga. to see one of my best life friends, Locher, get married. Luckily she kept Locher as her middle name so it's still legit to call her that. Congrats, Lauren Locher Carnes! And Chip, too, of course.

Getting ready!


Watching his bride walk down the aisle!


One of Locher's closest friends couldn't make it to the wedding because she's in Italy for a year. But she still made it! Thanks to modern technology...


Getting married!!! (My "honorary bridesmaid" status got me a front row seat, I couldn't help but get a couple pictures.)



The first dance!


Bob helping them make their getaway.


No comments:

Post a Comment