Saturday, February 11, 2012

A birthday celebration

My blog is almost three years old!

After writing emails to family and friends from Costa Rica in 2008, my sister Ashley convinced me to start a blog. I'm glad she did and I'm pretty sure she's still one of the blog's biggest fans.

Most of my Costa Rica emails were monotoned and simply chronicled each week. I wasn't nearly as rude or Bob-like back then. After seven weeks of emails, I got the best responses from my last one, which chronicled the first (and hopefully last) time I peed on a horse.

It happened. Just let that set in for a second.

So in honor of my blog turning three, here is the email excerpt that started it all:


"Monday we had a morning tour of the ranch where they told us about the plants and how it is also self sustainable. Costa Rica is all about sustainability and conservation. We got to pet the pigs (one of which I think we ate) and saw the mini-hydroelectric power "plant" they get their energy from to keep the place running. In the afternoon a few of us decide to pay a little extra and take a horseback tour around the volcano. This was probably the coolest thing I've ever done. While I've never gotten on a horse before in my life, I proved to everyone that I'm really a cowgirl at heart when my horse took off running and I wet myself. Always an experience. After riding the horses straight up a mountain to a lookout point, we again walked through some mud and across rushing rivers...this time on a horse. Halfway though the two hours it started to pour. We went straight through the jungle and once we hit a road the guide yelled, "YAAA" and all the horses took off running. No big deal, my bladder was already empty."


*Taken pre-urination*

No comments:

Post a Comment