Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Employment before Engagement

Our school newspaper is the Red & Black. I've tried to send in articles in hopes of being published but had no luck.

This semester I'm in a class with the new editor-in-chief, a friend of mine that I've had about four classes with. One day before class, I jokingly said, "I like your paper, Mimi, but I found some mistakes."

At which point she responded, "Really? Where?"

I said I was just teasing her but still showed her the two places I found mistakes. At which point she said, "Well, wanna come be a copy editor for us?"

Which is when I realized that maybe it pays to be a wiseass.

So at least once a week I head up to the old R&B and check out the paper before it heads to print. It's a very cool atmosphere and I'm excited about the experience I'm getting.

Anyways, it a moment of giddiness, I checked out the "Our Staff" section at the bottom of page 4 and came across this gem:



See that name after "Copy Editors"? Tis mine.

You can also see it here on the online site.

I'm proud. Can you tell?

So, in my pride, I sent the link to my family. And got this video from Lisa in return.

I can see myself instilling that in my kids. Guess I'm marriage ready? Oh haaayyyyllllll naw.

No comments:

Post a Comment