Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Potty Training

Everyone has those couple of bathrooms that you use all the time whether they're at home, work or in my case school. So this is a post dedicated to my favorite bathrooms.

As some of y'all might know, I'm a journalism major and a religion major. So where do I spend my time? In the journalism and religion buildings. Luckily they aren't far from each other.

Let's begin with first floor journalism, site of the photojournalism lab. The bathroom is minuscule. It has two stalls which everyone beelines for after our 2 hour long class and makes for a lot of awkward waiting-in-line-to-pee conversation with people that you kinda know from class but really have nothing to say to.

Then, fifth floor journalism. There are plenty of stalls and no awkward conversation but I'm a creature of habit so I always use the same stall. Every single time I've been in there this stall has been open. Every other stall will be taken except this one. Am I missing something? Apparently. But it's been a loving stall so far so I'm still loyal.

Then of course the religion building. As you might suspect there aren't many religion majors out there so we share a building with philosophy and Native American studies. Which aren't exactly in high demand either so we still have a tiny building. The bathroom is in the basement which is creepy to start with. Then when you walk in there is a strange half-wall which makes me think it was built for people to like change behind it or something. I would personally use a stall but variety is the spice of life. So I always think someone is going to be hiding behind it to pop out at me. Creepy point #2. There are little nooks and crannys when you get in there. Once a mop fell out of one of these nooks while I was washing my hands and I almost reemptied my bladder. All this in addition to the fact that the building must have been built on the 5th day of creation which adds a whole nother level of creepy oldness.

I knew you were all curious about this subject so...you're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment