Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sometimes I Call Him Evil Knieval

Today everyone in my house left by 7:30am.

Bob and I got home at 6:15pm.


Bob saw a clump o' Sugar's hair on the ground and wondered why it was there. Upon further investigation, he realized that that clump of hair was actually a dried up, nasty version of my incredibly wonderful and loyal beta fish! His name is David Beckham (Becks for short) and he has lived wayyyy longer than any other beta fish in history. Ever.


Naturally, I was quite sad but Sugar wanted to eat Becks so I had to hold her back while Bob got a piece of paper to scoop Becks up and return him to his natural habitat (the sewage system?). As Bob started to maneuver him onto the paper he LEAPT INTO THE AIR!!! BECKS WAS ALIVE!!!


Pretty sure Bobby had to change his pants after that little scare but I was excited so it was worth it (to me at least). I screamed and Bob dropped Becks into his fish bowl after a frantic scramble to get a cup (Becks isn't cooperative enough to grasp the concept of laying still on the paper).


He may have been covered in dog hair and probably suffered significant brain damage from the 4 foot fall from the breakfast bar but he was alive and swimming! Hopefully still is....


Guess we'll see in the morning.


But seriously...do I have the most badass fish in history or what?


Anyways, Bob keeps suggesting we get a netting to cover the top of his bowl. I'm thinking he probably just misses me while I'm at work and once he gets used to the schedule he'll drop all these suicidal tendencies.

**This is Becks in his school setting. He enjoys soccer and swimming and constantly trying to convince me he's dead.**

No comments:

Post a Comment