Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Grady's Lady

I am home. Articles turned in, scantrons filled out, done with fall semester. Done done done.

I came home yesterday to meet the male boxer my parents rescued. After seeing a picture of him I thought he was adorable and wonderful and that we'd be life long friends. I suggested that we name him Grady after the UGA journalism school. And we did.

I annoyed the heck out of my manfriend, saying at least 40 times, "I get to meet Grady soon!" I liked him already.

So you can imagine my excitement when I got home yesterday and got to see him in person for the first time. After saying hi to him, I sat on the floor to pet our other dog, Sugar.

As I was sitting and petting, my new friend Grady decided we should take things to the next level. He promptly climbed onto my shoulders and began expressing his masculinity towards my back. In a moment of realization, I made a strange "Wahhhhhhh!??!?!" noise and crawled around until I could escape from his grasp and stand up.

I looked around, begging the invisible crowd for some pity.

Once I regained some dignity, I unloaded the car, got some water, and sat down on the couch. Grady climbed up on the couch next to me and, remembering how Bob said Grady was a lap dog, I welcomed him.

POOR DECISION, CINDY.

Once again, I fell victim to our unneutered stray. I caught on to what was happening a little quicker this time and I pushed him off the couch and scrambled away until I could stand up and look back in disbelief.

Luckily, Grady's losing his manhood tomorrow morning at nine. Hopefully we can be friends after that, but first impressions can be hard to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment